If you’re like most people, you’re spending more time on social apps as you look to stay connected, you’re spending more money via eCommerce, and you’re logging in to work from home, leading to new habitual behaviors. If your privacy is a concern for you, this is a good moment to check privacy settings and read up on how to keep your personal data safe.
In the past few years, of every 10 apps being used, around 8 apps are owned by Google and Facebook, including Google Maps, Facebook, Google search, Amazon, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook Messenger, Spotify, Google Drive, etc. COVID has hyper-accelerated our use of online platforms. Whether you are seeing a doctor, searching for a movie suitable for your kids, need to buy groceries, trade stocks, watching a concert with a group of friends, making a business presentation, or checking homework assignments – much of it now happens online. The range of digital consumption data generated is mind boggling.
This is What Happens Every Minute of Every Day!
- Users post 575,000 tweets on Twitter
- Users share 240,000 photos on Facebook
- Google conducts 5,700,000 searches
- Users watch 167,000,000 TIKTOK videos (that’s 167 million videos every minute of every day!)
- Customers spend $ 283,000 on amazon and $ 67,000 on Instacart
- YouTube users stream 694,000 hours
- Users send $ 304,000 on Venmo
- Facebook LIVE receives 44,000,000 views
- ZOOM hosts 856 minutes of webinars
Again – these stats relate to what happens every minute of every day! (infographic by DOMO Data Never Sleeps 9.0)
By paying attention and managing privacy settings, face recognition settings, location markers and more, users can start to reclaim some power in their relationships with the digital world.